Funny Bone Cookies
After stuffing cookies with Devil Dog and Twinkies this week, it only seemed natural to stuff a very chocolatey cookie with a funny bone. Peanut Butter lovers, beware! These are dangerously delicious! Funny Bone Cookies are a peanut butter and chocolate lover’s dream cookie! A rich chocolate cake with a surprise peanut butter filling. You may also like Devil Dog Stuffed Cookies and Twinkie Cookies! Grab some Funny Bones and get baking!
You may need:
- 16 T. butter, soft
- 1 c. packed dark brown sugar
- ½ c. granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 2¼ c. flour
- ½ c. unsweet. cocoa powder
- ¼ cup Instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 8 ounces Ghirardelli semi sweet bars, chopped (Or use milk chocolate if you prefer.
- Funny Bones, each one cut into halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, pudding mix, baking soda and salt.
- Fold in chocolate.
- Take a large scoop of dough (approx ⅓ cup) and flatten in your hand.
- Lay Funny Bone Cake in center and encase with dough around it.
- Roll into a ball and place 4 on a cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-14 mins and cool a few mins on pan before removing to a rack.
- Don't over bake, they will set up as they cool.
Chocolate Cookie Base Recipe Adapted from Picky Palate