This chocolate chip cookie recipe is unique as it uses lots and lots of dark brown sugar. The result? A thick, chewy, scrumptious cookie! Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies definitely need to show up at your next party. Everyone will wonder what your secret ingredient is! Will you tell them?
- 1 cup butter
- 1½ cups dark brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 ounce package chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Melt butter in a pot.
- Combine butter and sugar and mix.
- Let cool a few mins.
- Add egg yolk, and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold in chips.
- Drop with a medium ice cream scoop on sheet and bake approx 10 mins.
Adapted from I heart Eating