Cast Iron Pancakes
These cast iron pancakes are amazing, huge and fluffy! This pancake batter comes together very easily…just as simple as using a box mix and so much tastier. Of course, you can make them in any skillet but a cast iron makes them extra special! Lodge Cast Iron is a great starting point if you need to begin your collection! Just be sure to cook them on medium heat so they don’t burn. You can also add blueberries, strawberries, fresh berries, bananas, nutella, apples or chocolate chips. If you have extra batter, you can save it in an airtight container overnight and make more the next day. You may also love my dutch baby pancakes with fresh fruit. I hope you love these as much as my family did! Be sure to tag me on social media if your try them.
You may need:
Lodge Cast Iron
- 2 cups flour
- ¼c. sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla (optional)
- 1¾c. milk
- 4 T. melted butter
- Optional: chocolate chips
- more butter for skillet
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Stir in egg, milk, vanilla and combine.
- Slowly stream in butter and just mix to blend.
- Preheat skillet on medium.
- Add a pat pf butter and pour in to cover ¾ of the bottom.
- (Add chocolate chips, if desired.)
- Flip when top is bubbly and bottom is nicely browned.
- Serve with maple syrup and whipped cream.
Recipe adapted from Cafe Delites