Cast Iron Skillet Pancakes
These are amazing, huge and fluffly! Of course, you can make them in any skillet but a cast iron makes them extra special! Lodge Cast Iron is a great starting point if you need to begin your collection!
- 2 cups flour
- ¼c. sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla (optional)
- 1¾c. milk
- 4 T. melted butter
- Optional: chocolate chips
- more butter for skillet
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Stir in egg, milk, vanilla and combine.
- Slowly stream in butter and just mix to blend.
- Preheat skillet on medium.
- Add a pat pf butter and pour in to cover ¾ of the bottom.
- (Add chocolate chips, if desired.)
- Flip when top is bubbly and bottom is nicely browned.
- Serve with maple syrup and whipped cream.
Recipe adapted from Cafe Delites