The inspiration for this recipe comes from Olivia, my friend’s daughter. Olivia is super talented and even has her own Etsy Shop! You can check it out here, especially if you love Ariana Grande! She made these napoleons for her grandma’s birthday and they were beyond stunning. I knew I had to give them a go! Super flaky pastry filled with rich chocolate mousse. What could be bad!!!? I hope you try out these chocolate mousse napoleons soon and impress your guests!
Chocolate Mousse Napoleons
- 1 box puff pastry thawd-each sheet unrolled and cut in thirds
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream used first
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream used later to whip
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- powdered sugar
- 1 T. melted butter
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 ½ T. cocoa powder
- 2-4 T. milk
- Bake the pastry thirds according to box directions.
- Cool completely and slice each one in half horizontally.
- Beat eggs and sugar 3 mins.
- Heat 1 c. heavy cream in saucepan until hot and slowly pour it into egg mixture while mixer running on low.
- Add this mixture back to the saucepan and stir over med-low for 7 minutes to thicken.
- Remove heat and stir in chocolate.
- Cover and chill 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, whip the 1 1/2 c. cream to stiff peaks.
- Fold it into the mousse.
- Mix all until smooth.
- Add more milk as needed to thin it.
- For each napoleon you will need 3 phyllo rectangles.
- Stack them as you fill each layer with the mousse generously.
- On top add lots of powdered sugar and a chocolate drizzle.
Chocolate mousses adapted from Cookies and Cups-Love her blog! Check it out!