Banana & chocolate all rolled up into one cookie= Chunky Monkey Cookies! This recipe includes instant pudding which is where our banana flavor comes from. You can have fun and change up the pudding flavor to change the cookie flavor! It also uses coconut oil instead of butter, making it a bit healthier! The oil makes them nice and thick, too!!!!
Check out these yummy banana treats too:
Get Your Coconut Oil Here!
Chunky Monkey Cookies
- ¾ cup melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- one 3.5-ounce packet instant banana pudding mix (use vanilla if you don't want banana flavor)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of kosher salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Beat oil, sugars, egg and vanilla medium until combined.
- Add the flour, pudding mix,baking soda and salt. Beat just till combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Use your hands to form about 12 balls of dough. It's a litte tricky to work the doug so just press tightly together and stick in any resistant chips.
- Chill this dough for 30 mins in freezer, covered or place in fridge to chill for a few hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment. Bake for about 10-12 minutes. Do not overbake-they will finish baking as they cool on sheet.
Adapted from The Best Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies via Sally’s Baking Addiction