These muffins taste as good as they look! Graham cracker crumbs make up some of the muffin base and lots of chocolate chips. I used a combination of semi sweet and milk chocolate. Then, the crunchy, crumbly topping has the sweet scent of cinnamon and even more chips on top. Whip some up this weekend-I don’t think your family will be disappointed!
Cinnamon & Graham Cracker Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, plus extra for the tops
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chip, plus extra for the tops
For the topping:
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a 12 cup muffin tin with cute, paper liners.
- In a bowl, whisk together egg, milk, oil and vanilla.
- Add to the bowl: flour, baking powder, salt, graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Mix gently.
- Stir in both chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin using an ice cream scoop. I got 12 muffins from this.
- Mix all of the topping ingredients together until it forms crumbs and sprinkle on the tops. Add a few more chocolate chips.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. During the last 5 minutes of baking time, I sprinkled on even a few more chips!
- Let muffins cool a few mins and enjoy!
Adapted from Chocolate, Chocolate & More Chocolate