Ahhhhhh fall is upon us! Hard to believe it but nothing screams autumn like this pumpkin cheesecake! It is as classic as pumpkin cheesecake gets and is topped with homemade whipped cream! Of course, a little drizzle of caramel didn’t hurt either! Present this one at your Thanksgiving feast and you will be the star of the night!
Classic Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 1 ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 T. sugar
- 6 T. melted butter
- 24 oz soft cream cheese
- 1 ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 T. flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 T. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter in a bowl.
- Press into a 9 inch springform pan and a little up the sides. Bake 8 mins and cool
- Beat cream cheese and sugar on low until fluffy.
- On low, add pumpkin, eggs, sour cream, flour, cinnamon, salt and vanilla.
- Pour over the crust and bake one hour.
- Shut oven and let cool in oven with door open 30 mins.
- Mine cracked at this point but no worries-we are going to cover it up and it tastes amazing!
- Let cool on counter to room temp and then chill until cold or overnight which is even better!
- Top with homemade whipped cream!
Adapted from Homemade Hooplah