Copycat Chipotle Chicken with Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette
I have updated this recipe to our new favorite version below! Are you fans of Chipotle like we are? If so, you are going to LOVE this recipe! I love Chipotle but their chicken pieces are a bit small. This homemade version allows you to cut the chicken to the size you love! You can also control the spices. The key is to use chicken thighs which cook up to be amazing in a skillet! This copycat chipotle chicken is packed with flavor and faster than ordering in take out. Your family will love this on tacos or salad bowls. We like to serve these in soft shell taco boats for half the family. The other half likes this in a salad bowl over arugula. Some favorite toppings include: rice, corn, cheese and fresh avocado slices! You may also love Taco Chicken Thighs.
We also love to make salad bowls with this chicken and dressing! Here is my salad set up! Fresh mozzarella…always a big hit!
You may need:
- 1 pound chicken thighs, fat trimmed off
- ½ red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, plus 2 T. sauce
- 3 T. vegetable oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 T. avocado oil (or can use olive oil)
- 2 T.. red wine vinegar
- juice of ½ lime
- 1½ T. honey
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 small chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1 tsp. adobo sauce
- ¼ tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. salt (or a pinch more)
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Place all in ingredients (except chicken) in a food processor until smooth.
- Place chicken in a freezer ziploc and add sauce.
- Let marinate 2 hours or more!
- Heat frying pan with a drop of avocado oil over med-high or use a grill pan.
- Cook until 165 degrees inside.
- Let sit covered 2 mins before cutting into bite size pieces.
- Combine all in food processor until smooth.
- I like to serve the chicken over arugula with cheese and corn. Then add dressing!
Chicken Adapted from Delish
Dressing adapted from Simply Scratch