Broiled Chicken with Balsamic Salad
This broiled chicken is fabulous! So moist, so juicy, so worth making! No grill pan needed, no stovetop mess! Just a broiler and a pan lined with aluminum foil! I plan to make a huge batch of this and park it in the fridge for the week. The kids will love noshing on it and it’s just perfect to add to salads. The picture below was not made with chipotle or paprika but next time I will add some for even more flavor and color!
- 6 chicken breasts
- olive oil
- ground chipotle (optional) or paprika (optional)
- handful of fresh dill, chopped
- 8-10 garlic cloves minced
- arugula or romaine for salad
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ¼ c. good quality balsamic
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 1½ T. dijon mustard
- Line a jellyroll pan with aluminum foil.
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Pound chicken breasts to flatten/tenderize a bit (not too thin)
- Drizzle a drop of oil and rub on each chicken piece.
- Add salt/pepper and chipotle or paprika if using.
- Add dill and garlic.
- Flip chicken and do same on other side.
- Let sit a bit if you have time.
- Broil 5 minutes on each side.
- Slice and lay on top of arugula or romaine
- Whisk all together and pour over chicken and lettuce.
Chicken method adapted from Cravingtasty.com