Have you made my Mom’s famous cream puffs yet? NO? What are you waiting for! hahaha This recipe is a cream puff in pie form. That means more cream for you! Definitely serve up this cream puff pie at your next gathering! I also drizzle on some chooclate syrup at the end but that is totally optional!
Cream Puff Pie
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup butter
- pinch salt
- ½ cup flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (5.1 oz) package instant vanilla pudding
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 3 T. sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Butter 9 inch pie dish.
- In a saucepan over medium bring water, butter and salt to a boil.
- On low, add flour stirring constantly.
- Once it pulls away from sides, add one egg at a time and mix well.
- Press in pan and halfway up sides.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30- 35 minutes until golden brown.
- In a pot over medium, combine chocolate and ½ cup heavy cream just till melted and smooth.
- Let cool.
- In a mixer beat milk, cream and pudding mix until thick.
- Spread into cooled shell.
- Whip cream to soft peaks and add sugar-beat to combine.
- Spread over pastry cream and chill.
- Once cold, drizzle on the cooled chocolate and store in fridge.
- To prepare sweetened whipped cream
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer, whip ¾ cup heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add in granulated sugar and whip until stiff peaks form. Spread sweetened whipped cream evenly over pastry cream layer.
- Cut pie into slices and drizzle each slice with cooled chocolate sauce. Serve immediately. Note: this pie is best served the day prepared. Also note, the sweetened whipped cream will begin to separate after about 3 hours so plan accordingly. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
Adapted from Cooking Classy