Crème Brûlée Cheesecake
Crème Brûlée Cheesecake is an impressive dessert that your guests will just love! Torch it right at the table before serving!
Pans I like for Cheesecake:
8 x 3 inch ring pan-a little tricky becuase it lacks a bottom but this cake baked perfectly in it! This is the one I used! And, yes the ring cam off super easily!
- 3 cups crushed crumbs (I used combo of graham cracker and Nilla wafers)
- 2 T. sugar
- 12 T. butter
- 24 ounces soft cream cheese
- 8 oz. mascarpone cheese
- 2 T. flour
- 1¼ c. sugar
- 1 T. vanilla
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2 T. superfine/caster sugar (will melt easily!)
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 375°F.
- Mix all and press into the bottom and up sides of a 8 inch cheesecake pan. I like to use a bottomless but you can use a springform if that is what you have! Bake 8-10 mins and let cool.
- Lower oven temp to 300.
- Beat cream cheese, mascarpone, flour on low speed, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Once smooth, add sugar.
- Add vanilla
- Add eggs, one at a time just until blended.
- Pour into cooled crust and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake until the center has a slight jiggle. In this small 6 inch pan mine took 1 hour 25 minutes. If you use an 9 inch pan it will take less time so keep an eye on it.
- Shut oven and lave cake inside 1 hour to cool. Remove to counter and cool completely.
- Chill overnight and remove sides of pan.
- Sprinkle sugar on top and torch until caramelized.
Adapted from Fine Cooking