DEATH BY COOKIE IS THE PERFECT NAME FOR THESE RICH AND DELICIOUS COOKIES! EACH ONE IS JAM-PACKED WITH JUST ABOUT AS MUCH CHOCOLATE AS ONE COOKIE CAN POSSIBLY TAKE. I MADE THESE FOR A SPECIAL FRIEND WHO IS A CHOCOLATE FREAK CHOCO-HOLIC!!!
THESE TASTE BEST ONCE COOLED!!!!
POURING ALLLLL THE CHIPS INTO THE DOUGH!
HEADING INTO THE OVEN!
Get Your Chocolate Chips Here!
Get Your Cookie Sheets Here!
makes about 2 dozen
- 1 cup + 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Melt the 8 ounces of chocolate chips in the microwave until smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and vanilla. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter until smooth and creamy – about 1 minute.
- Beat in the sugars.
- Mix in the beaten egg/vanilla until incorporated.
- Add the chocolate and beat until combined. Add the dry ingredients on slow speed.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Chill dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scoop about 2 Tbsp of dough and roll into a ball.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the cookies have just begun to set with the centers still appearing very soft. They will firm up as they cool.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
adapted from Cooks Illustrated