If you have never tried a crescent roll recipe then this is the place to begin. These cheesecake bars will surpass your expectations…trust me!
- 1 roll Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- splash of vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 3-4 Tablespoons sugar for sprinkling
- Cherry pie filling, optional for topping
- Line an 8x8 pan with nonstick foil.
- Preheat oven 350.
- Unroll the crescents and press half the can in the bottom of the pan in one layer.
- Electric mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Spread over the crescent layer.
- Top with the other half can of crescents in one layer.
- Brush on the melted butter.
- Sprinkle on the sugar.
- Bake until golden and puffed about 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool, chill and cut squares.
- Top with cherry filling if desired.
Adapted from Pillsbury