Can you smell them? Come closer! Can you smell them now? No!? Then, you must make these on your own because your house will smell heavenly. A bit of work, yes…..BUT not as hard as you’d think! My son and I woke up early one day (before my other son and hubby) and we got right to work in the kitchen. By 10:30 am we were devouring these out of the pan, literally! Quite the weekend treat, indeed!
Fresh Cinnamon Buns
- 1 cup lukewarm milk
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- ⅓ cup soft butter, cut up
- 4½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1¾ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2½ teaspoons instant yeast or active dry yeast
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup soft butter
- 1½ cups confectioners' sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix all in a mixer until a dough forms.
- Place in a lightly oiled bowl and let rise 1 hour.
- Deflate the dough and roll it on a floured surface into a 16" x 21" rectangle.
- Spread the butter on the dough.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon-then sprinkle it over the dough.
- Starting at a short end, roll the dough up tightly and cut into 12 equal slices.
- Place them in a greased 9" x 13" pan.
- Cover and let rise 30 mins.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Mix all ingredients together and spread over the hot buns,
Adapted from King Arthur