In my house we loved boxed brownies! Betty Crocker happens to be one of our favorites. This recipe for fudgy brownies is even more delicious yet has many qualities of a box mix that people love. Fudgy center? Check! Flaky top layer? Check! Delicious flavor? Check! These also come out great in a 9×13 pan (check closer to 20 mins for baking time) for a thinner brownie. If you like a thicker brownie, go for the 9×9 pan. I always line my pans with nonstick foil for easy removal!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350º. Put a long piece of non-stick foil in the bottom of a 9 x 9 inch pan, fitting so it covers the bottom of pan, the two shorter sides, plus has some overhang on each side for easy removal.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt the 1 cup butter in the microwave.
- Stir in sugar, then eggs and vanilla.
- Add cocoa powder, salt and baking powder.
- Stir in flour and mix till just combined.
- Spread evenly into pan.
- Bake for about 35 minutes. (check a few mins before and keep checking if not done)
- Cool completely.
Adapted from Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies