Grandma’s Potted Meatballs
Introducing… Grandma’s potted meatballs! This is one dinner my kids actually LOVE! The first night I made it my oldest (and pickiest eater) couldn’t get enough saying this was the best dinner ever. Needless to say I now double the recipe so he can eat it a couple of times a week! He loves it over wide egg noodles. My mom loves to hear this since it is her recipe! Yup, she is the grandma behind Grandma’s Potted Meatballs! Brings me back to my childhood when I make this winning dish. I hope your family loves Grandma’s Potted meatballs, too! These are also low carb meatballs as they do not call for bread crumbs and they are gluten free, too! More perks! Try using this fabulous gravy separator, too!
Your kids can even help prep this dinner. My youngest helped me roll the meatballs! He rolled them rounder than I did!
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 small sliced onions
- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg
- parmesan cheese
- Mix meatballs and salt very generously.
- Roll small meatballs and place in sauce.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower to simmer and cook covered 30 minutes.
- Crack the lid a drop and continue simmering 15-20 mins until sauce is thick.
- Serve over egg noodles or spaghetti with parmesan cheese.