Guinness Chocolate Cake
This Guinness chocolate cake is outrageous dessert especially for St. Patrick’s Day. The addition of Guinness beer adds a depth of flavor to the chocolate that is amazing!
Luckily it is time for another month of Two Sweetie Pies! Another month of 2 Sweetie Pies with That Skinny Chick Can Bake means another wonderful dessert! Always a success when you bake from Liz’s blog! Each month we bake up a recipe from each other and keep it a secret until reveal day! Super fun! Make sure you pop over to visit Liz and see which Hugs & Cookies recipe she chose this month. Thanks once again Liz for a fabulous dessert!
You can visit Liz on her social media channels here:
- 1 cup Guinness stout
- 10 Tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1¼ cups powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Butter a 9-inch springform pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan, combine Guinness and butter.
- Place over medium heat until butter melts, then remove from heat.
- Add cocoa and sugar.
- Whisk to blend.
- In a mixer, add sour cream, eggs and vanilla.
- Beat to combine.
- Add Guinness.
- Add flour and baking soda.
- Mix smooth.
- Pour in pan and bake approx 35 mins or until toothpick comes out almost clean.
- Sift powdered sugar into mixer.
- Add cream cheese and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add cream and vanilla.
- Spread on cooled cake.
Adapted from That Skinny Chick