If you love melty chips hot out of the oven, then you really to need to bake up a batch of these cookies using Guittard chips!
You Have to try Guittard Chips–> Get some HERE!
Guittard Chocolate Chip Cookies
- SOFT BATCH CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- ¾ c. salted butter, softened
- ¾ c. dark brown sugar
- ¼ c. granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 c. Guittard chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment.
- Beat butter and sugars till creamy. Add egg and vanilla.
- Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Fold in chocolate. Chill dough at least an hour (speed it up in freezer if you want)
- Using a cookie scoop drop dough onto sheet. Mine baked about 14 minutes but check the time depending on the size. They should be lightly brown. The tops do not really brown so don’t over bake.
Catherine Altuvilla says
Thanks for the great recipe for cookies using Guittards chips. My historical Questers group is having a program on the history of chocolate in California and we are discussing Guittard’s Chocolate which started in 1868 and is still run by 5th generation Guittard family. We wanted a recipe using their chocolate chips. I just have one question. I used a med.size cookie scoop but thank goodness I checked them after 9 minutes. The are delicious but the bottoms are very dark brown. I went down to 8 minutes. I even bought a oven temperature to make sure my oven was accurate. My cookie dough was very stiff and they did not spread out like your picture. ANY SUGGESTIONS?