Hot Fudge Chocolate Mousse Cream Puffs
My Mom’s Cream Puff Recipe is always a winner for a stunning dessert! Today I switched up the filling a bit by using chocolate mousse! I also added another layer of whipped cream-you can cheat and use cool whip, or make some extra homemade! The addition of hot fudge on top makes these extra fabulous and sinful so don’t skip that step! Any extras can be used to top your homemade ice cream sundaes! Trust me, your children will thank you! (Your spouse, too!)
Chocolate Mousse Cream Puffs
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream used first
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream used later to whip
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
Cream Puff Shells
- 1 stick butter 8 Tablespoons
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 c flour
Hot Fudge Topping
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup Karo light corn syrup
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces semi sweet chocolate
- 2 ounces milk chocolate
- Makes approx 16 small or 9 large!
- Beat eggs and sugar 3 mins.
- Heat 1 c. heavy cream in saucepan until hot and slowly pour it into egg mixture while mixer running on low.
- Add this mixture back to the saucepan and stir over med-low for 7 minutes to thicken.
- Remove heat and stir in chocolate.
- Cover and chill 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, whip the 1 1/2 c. cream to stiff peaks.
- Fold it into the mousse.
- Bring the butter, water and vanilla to a boil.
- Add the flour and stir constantly until it leaves the side of the pot and forms a ball.
- Remove and cool.
- Beat in 4 eggs, one at a time until smooth.
- Drop by T. onto parchment lined cookie sheets
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 25-30 minutes.
- LET COOL.
- Slice in half and fill with chocolate mousse. (I added some whipped cream, too!)
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Combine the butter, cream, sugar, corn syrup, cocoa, and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer on low and keep stirring. Do this for 3-5 mins.
- Once melted, remove heat and stir in the chocolates.
- Let cool before chilling it.
- Store in a mason jar in the fridge!
- To reheat gently microwave.
Mousse adapted from Cookies and Cups