My friend Liz (From That Skinny Chick Can Bake) and I have this awesome monthly feature called Two Sweetie Pies. Each month, we choose a recipe from the other’s blog and feature it. We do not tell each other which recipe we are working on until reveal day which is always so exciting! This month I chose Lizzie’s Fudge Topped Oreo Ice Cream Pie. Sounds pretty awesome, right? Well it was!!! All you need to do is bake up the oreo crust. The rest is s-i-m-p-l-e! Add in some fabulous ice cream, hot fudge, more Oreos and throw a cherry on top for good measure! Thanks for another winner, my special friend! XOXO
Hot Fudge Oreo Ice Cream Pie
- 22 Oreos processed into crumbs
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1.5 quart premium double chocolate chip ice cream
- 1 jar fudge sauce
- Extra Oreos chopped for topping
- Mix cookie crumbs and melted butter.
- Press into a greased, 9-inch pie plate. Freeze. (I used a springform pan but a pie pan is a better idea!)
- Let ice cream soften while crust freezes.
- Dump ice cream into center of frozen crust and use an offset spatula to smooth top.
- Freeze till solid, a few hours.
- Put large spoonfuls of fudge sauce over top of ice cream and quickly spread to cover.
- Ice cream will start melting so you may need to patch with more sauce if it breaks through the topping. Sprinkle on extra Oreos.
- Serve with whipped cream!
Adapted from That Skinny Chick Can Bake