This recipe for lace cookies is from my mom so you know it has to be amazing! It comes from her dear friend Ceil many years ago. This cookie is a bit tricky to perfect but well worth it. It is delicate and beyond amazing. It is my hubby’s new fave and I don’t even add the chocolate for him-he likes them as is: no chocolate needed!
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup flour
- 12 ounces sliced almonds smash them in a ziploc plus additional 1 cup of smashed almonds
- chocolate coating:
- 4 ounces semi sweet chocolate
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line baking sheets with foil and rub them with softened butter to grease.
- Bring to a boil on the stove the butter, honey, sugar and cream. Then lower to low boil for about 5 minutes, 30 seconds.
- It will start to thicken and evaporate. Should just take a few mins. Watch it closely!
- Remove from heat and stir in flour and all the almonds.
- Using a spoon place tiny mounds on sheet. I fit 9 at a time.
- They will look tiny but will spread.
- Bake approx. 9 minutes until edges are getting brown. Remove and place cookie sheet directly in fridge on a pot holder.
- Let set and then peel off the foil.
- Melt 2 chocolates together and spread evenly on the flat side of each cookie.