Lobster in Cognac Cream Sauce over Homemade Fettuccine
This was a special dinner for the Snow Storm of Feb, 2021! This can also be made with shrimp or with less lobster if you wanted.
Here are the ingredients…cake, optional! But if interested—–> Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
(Mushrooms are optional.)
If you want to serve this over the best homemade fettuccine you can check out my recipe here—-> Authentic Pasta!
You may need:
- 4 lobster tails (ours were 7-9 ounces each), cut from top to bottom and lift meat onto the shell
- Pat of butter for each tail plus salt, pepper, garlic
- 8 T. butter
- 1 shallot, minced fine
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- ¼c. chicken broth
- ⅔ cup cognac (I used Armagnac)
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese (or grated if you don't have shredded)
- 3 T. heavy cream
- handful of chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Lay tails on foil lined baking sheet.
- Top each with a pat of butter.
- Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Bake 10 mins. (Will not be fully cooked)
- Pull meat out of shell and cut into pieces. (You will add this to the sauce to finish cooking.)
- Melt the remaining butter.
- Saute shallots and garlic.
- Add the cognac/Armagnac to deglaze.
- Add broth, cheese and cream mixing well on low until sauce forms.
- Add lobster pieces for a few mins until cooked through.
- Check for salt/pepper.
- Top with chives and serve over buttered fettuccine.
Adapted from Menu Musings