This is it! Hands Down….best Ever….most delish tasting…bet it’s like this in Italy….Authentic Pasta! This recipe uses 00 flour! I first saw this on intsagram @melissalovesnutella. She makes some crazy delicious and awesome looking pasta. She steered me to this recipe from Carmela’s Kitchen. This is the only recipe you will ever need for pasta. You can buy the Napoli 00 flour at Whole Foods or Amazon! I used both! I wanted to be well stocked!!! This is a finer flour than all purpose and it produced the most incredible pasta I have ever created at home!!! You may also love SOME YUMMY SAUCE FOR YOUR NEXT PASTA NIGHT!
You may need:
Kitchen Aid Pasta Roller/Cutter
Rolling Hang Cutter (pictured above)
Authentic Homemade Pasta
- 500g OO flour
- 5 large eggs, plus one yolk
- pinch of salt
- 1 T. olive oil
- Lay flour and salt on counter top. Use a bench scraper to help build the flour into a wall creating a moat in center.
- Crack eggs/yolk into the center and the oil.
- Use a fork to incorporate flour into eggs.
- Once shaggy use a bench scraper and hands to for a dough.
- Knead 10 mins.
- Cut in half, wrap in plastic and chill 30 mins.
- Remove and feed through kitchen aid roller starting at setting 1 and progressing to 5.
- Flour as needed with the 00.
- Lay sheets on parchment and lightly dust with flour.
- Feed through fettuccine cutter and boil when ready. It only needed about 5 mins. to cook. Less if you like al dente.
Leave a Reply