You can always count on Ina Garten for a great recipe! have you bought her new book yet, Make it Ahead? Check it out!
Oatmeal, Dried Strawberry & Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1¼ cups old-fashioned oats, such as Quaker
- ¾ pound bittersweet chocolate chocolate chips
- 4 ounces dried strawberries, chopped
- Fleur de sel
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line 3 sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar on medium-high speed for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- On low speed, add the vanilla, then the eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in the oats.
- Slowly add flour, baking soda, salt.
- Fold in the chocolate and cranberries until the dough is well mixed. Chill dough an hour or 2.
- With a 1¾-inch ice cream scoop (or two spoons), scoop round balls of dough onto the prepared sheet pans.
- Sprinkle lightly with fleur de sel.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until nicely browned. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Adapted from Ina Garten