This cake will not disappoint. It is just delicious! I used a huge chunk of milk chocolate for the ganache that I picked up at Whole Foods. It make the perfect ganache! Adapted from my wonderful friend Vera at OMG Chocolate Desserts-be sure to check out her blog for so many fabulous recipes!
Oreo Ganache Cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese-softened
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 12 Oreo Cookies- coarsely crushed
Milk Chocolate Ganache:
- 8 oz. milk chocolate-finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup mini peanut butter chips
- ½ cup peanut butter
- extra oreos cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Grease two 9 inch round baking pans and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a mixer bowl combine sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Beat well.
- Add boiling water.
- Mix smooth.
- Divide into pans and bake approx 30 mins.
- Cool 10 minutes in pans and then flip onto a rack, Can freeze at this point for another day if desired.
- Beat heavy whipping cream until firm peaks.
- In a different bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar.
- Carefully combine the cream cheese and whipped cream.
- Stir in Oreos.
- Melt milk chocolate in a double boiler.
- Remove heat and stir in heavy cream.
- Let sit until thickened a bit so it will pour nicely over cake.
- Lay one cake on cake platter.
- Top with the oreo filling.
- Place second layer on top of filling.
- Pour on the ganache.
- Pipe the peanut butter into a design on top.
- Sprinkle with both chips and add more Oreos
Adapted from my wonderful friend Vera at OMG Chocolate Desserts