There is only one thing better than a thick, rich , delicious peanut butter cookie with chocolate chips! Do you know what it is? It is that same cookie stuffed with an Oreo cookie in the center before you bake it. Talk about a double dose of cookies!!
This cookie will not disappoint and will “WOW” even the biggest cookie monsters in your life. Go ahead and try it out, you’ll be happy you did!
Peanut Butter Cookies Stuffed with Oreos
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 9 Tablespoons salted butter softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 ¼ cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips plus extra for tops (I used a combo of semi sweet, milk chooclate and mini chips)
- Beat butter and brown sugar.
- Add egg and yolk.
- Beat in the peanut butter and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop dough into 3 oz portions.
- Break each dough ball in half, lay an Oreo in the middle and top with other, enclosing well.
- Flatten the best you can bc they won't spread.
- Top with a few extra chocolate chips.
- Bake 9-10 mins.
Adapted from Bright Eyed Baker