Who doesn’t love piping hot popovers fresh from the oven?! If you don’t own a popover pan, buy one. You will use it over and over again! These popovers are such a show stopper as they rise into beautiful little creations good enough to eat! Slice them open and serve with a pat of butter inside and a sprinkle of kosher salt!
NEED A POPOVER PAN? CLICK HERE!!!
- 1 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter melted, plus softened butter for greasing pans
- 1 ½ cups flour sifted
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 extra-large eggs at room temperature (place in hot water 10 seconds if cold)
- 1 ½ cups milk at room temperature (or microwave to warm)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Generously grease popover pans (6 cup) with softened butter.
- Place the pans in the oven for exactly 2 minutes to preheat.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the flour, salt, eggs, milk, and melted butter until smooth. The batter will be thin.
- Fill the popover pans and bake for 20 minutes. Lower to 350 and bake for another 20 minutes. Do not peek.
- Once removed, take out of pans and make a tiny slit with a paring knife on the sides to release steam.
- Adapted from Ina Garten