Recipe Adapted From Miz Helen’s Country Cottage
Red Velvet Cheesecake Pie
- 1 9 inch pie crust I Used the Trader Joe's Crust
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups sugar divided
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 8 tablespoons butter melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 - 1 ounce bottle of red food coloring
- 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- Place crust in pie dish.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on the bottom of the pie crust.
- Melt the butter and let cool a bit.
- In a mixer, beat 3/4 cup of the sugar, baking powder, cocoa, 3 of the eggs and melted butter.
- Add food coloring until smooth.
- Pour this over the chocolate chips that you placed in the crust.
- In a cleaner mixer bowl, beat the other 3/4 cup sugar, 1 egg, and the cream cheese until smooth.
- Dollop the cream cheese mixture over the chocolate in the crust.
- With the tip of a knife, swirl the cream cheese into the chocolate gently.
- Bake at 275 degrees for 1 hour.
- Shut the oven and let the pie cool inside the oven for 60 minutes.
- Place in fridge for a few hours and then serve!