IT’S TIME FOR THE SECRET RECIPE CLUB REVEAL AGAIN!!! FOR THE SECRET RECIPE CLUB, EVERYONE IS GIVEN THE NAME OF A BLOG (SECRETLY) AND YOU CHOOSE ONE RECIPE TO MAKE FROM THAT BLOG. THEN, EVERYONE POSTS AT THE SAME TIME ON THE SAME GIVEN DAY….TODAY!!!! IT IS FUN TO DISCOVER WHO HAD YOUR BLOG AND TO REVEAL THE ONE YOU WERE SECRETLY BAKING/COOKING FROM ALL ALONG!
THIS MONTH I WAS ASSIGNED, MANGIA!
CHELSY’S BLOG IS JUST BEAUTIFUL! HER SISTER HAS CELIAC DISEASE WHICH INSPIRED HER TO MAKE SOME YUMMY GLUTEN FREE RECIPES. MY HUSBAND ALSO HAS CELIAC SO I KNEW I WOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE HIM SOMETHING DELISH FROM MANGIA!
I DECIDED TO GO WITH THE….. Almond Butter Cocoa Cookies…..ONLY MADE 2 CHANGES- 1. USED PEANUT BUTTER INSTEAD OF ALMOND BUTTER AND 2. WELL, THOSE OF YOU WHO KNOW ME KNOW I HAD TO ADD CANDY TO MY COOKIES. SO, ENTER REESE’S PIECES! THANKS FOR THIS AMAZING GF RECIPE CHELSY-MY HUBBY AND I BOTH ENJOYED THESE…EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM!!!!
1 c. raw almond butter (I USED PEANUT BUTTER)
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. packed dark brown sugar (I USED LIGHT BROWN)
1 t. baking soda
1/2 c. gluten-free old fashioned oats
1/2 c. dark cocoa powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the almond butter, and sugars together on high until smooth, about 1 minute.
3. Add the eggs and beat again until just incorporated.
4. Add the baking soda, oats, and cocoa powder, mix until just incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl, as needed.
5. Using your hands, roll the dough into golf ball sized balls, place on the prepared baking sheet, and flatten with the palm of your hand. (AT THIS POINT I LOADED EACH COOKIE UP WITH REESE’S PIECES! OH YEAHHH!) Bake for 12-15 minutes, times will vary with oven.
Makes about 16 large cookies.