Rosette Layer Cake
I made a 2 layer chocolate cake for this with one layer of cheesecake in between. You can use the frosting for whatever cake you would like to build. The rosettes were piped with a 1M tip in a counter clockwise direction.
Here are the chocolate cakes I used.
This is the crustless cheesecake layer I used.
The frosting I used is adapted from Chelsweets-check out her amazing youtube videos on piping the rosettes!
To pipe a three layer cake I needed 1 1/2 batches of the frosting below.
You may need:
1M piping tip
- 2 cups butter, room temperature
- 1 T. vanilla
- 2 lb bag powdered sugar
- 3 T. heavy cream (Plus a little extra in case you need it thinner)
- Beat butter on medium speed until smooth.
- Add vanilla.
- Slowly add sugar and halfway through, add cream.
- Mix on low until all smooth.
- If too thick, add a little more cream slowly.