Love scallops? Well, do I have the dish for you. This sauce was insane. It starts with roasting heads of garlic in the oven until they are as soft and sweet as can be. Then, the cloves get emulsified into your sauce. Wow, talk about great flavor. Of course, adding some cream only makes the sauce richer and more delicious. The original called for a cup of cream but I cut it back to 1/2 cup and it was just perfect. Serve these over your favorite pasta for a wonderful meal. I think hubby truly loved this one. How do I know? He just walked in the house with 2 more bags of scallops and a smile, of course. Looks like I’ll be making this again soon. Think I will invite some company over….they are THAT good!
Here is another killer scallop recipe you may want to try!
Scallops & Roasted Garlic Cream
- 2 heads garlic sliced horizontally
- 3 tablespoons olive oil plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound large sea scallops
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped scallions garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place garlic on a piece of foil and spoon 3 tablespoons of olive oil on top of cut garlic.
- Wrap tightly to make a pouch and put directly into the oven for 45 minutes or until garlic is soft.
- Once cool enough, squeeze cloves into a pot and add chicken stock.
- Cook on high for 10 minutes or until stock reduces by half.
- Add cream.
- Using an immersion blender, puree until smooth and continue to cook on low.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 2 tablespoon of butter. Season scallops with salt and pepper.
- Cook scallops to brown on each side.
- Plate scallops, pour on sauce and add scallions.
- Recipe adapted from Emeril