Short Ribs Braised In Red Wine
- 4½ pounds 3-inch-long beef short ribs (I skimped and used 3 pounds only)
- Coarse kosher salt
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 6-ounce package sliced button mushrooms
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 6 fresh Italian parsley sprigs
- Sprinkle ribs with coarse salt and pepper.
- Place in even layer in slow cooker.
- Add next 6 ingredients, cover, and cook on low heat until meat is tender, about 8 hours.
- Serve with lots of the sauce over the ribs and fresh parsley!
- I had a lot of left over sauce, so I strained it and saved to use as a beef broth for cooking.
Leave a Reply