Shortcut Crumb Cake
Sometimes the shortcut recipes taste the best. That is true in this case!! This recipe comes from my friend and when I asked her for the recipe I begged her to tell me it was from scratch and not a box. I pleaded and I begged because I just knew. I knew it had to start with a box mix and I was right. BUT…..This cake is outrageous. DO NOT let the box mix scare you away!!! This shortcut crumb cake is a true winner and gets rave reviews each and every time I make it. It also freezes beautifully so you can make it ahead of time and have it on hand when needed!
- 1 Betty Crocker Yellow Cake box mix, prepared according to box directions and also add 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pound salted butter
- 4½ cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- Prepare the cake as package directs and add vanilla.
- Bake it in a 9x13 pan lined with nonstick foil for 20 minutes at 350.
- Electric mix butter, flour, sugar and cinnamon to make crumbs. (chill crumbs 20 mins)
- Carefully sprinkle all over the cake and return to the oven for an additional 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting.