Slice and Bake Cookies
Slice and bake cookies are super easy to whip up and keep well in the fridge for a few days so you can always have cookies ready to go. You can also freeze the logs to have them on hand in the future. It’s always nice to have a treat waiting in the fridge to be freshly baked. Especially when the kids have playdates or you make some last minute plans! These can also be made without sprinkles if you prefer a more plain cookie. These can be partially dipped in chocolate, too!
You may need: nonpareil sprinkles
- 1 cup salted butter, soft
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2¼ cups flour
- 3 Tablespoons colorful sprinkles, I used nonpareils
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy,
- Add yolk.
- Add salt and vanilla.
- On low, add flour until blended.
- Add sprinkles,
- Divide dough in half and roll each into a log.
- Wrap in wax paper and chill 2 hours.
- Slice ¼ inch thick and bake 10-12 minutes at 350.
You may also enjoy:
Adapted from Sugar Spun Run