The only thing better than a sprinkle cheesecake is a triple layer sprinkle cheesecake with 2 strawberry cake layers! This cake is not only fun and pretty to look at but was so incredibly delish! Definitely a crowd pleaser!
You may need:
- 24 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 T. flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- ¾ cup butter room temperature
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 2 T. strawberry extract
- 6 egg whites
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup strawberry puree
- 7-8 drops pink food color
- 16 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- Sprinkles-lots and lots of sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Line the inside of a 9-inch cake pan with foil. Press firmly so it is flat. Let edges hang over pan for easy removal later.
- In a mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and flour on low.
- Add sour cream and vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the lined cake pan.
- Place it in a larger pan with water or use a cheesecake moat.
- Bake 60 mins.
- Then shut oven but leave cake in the oven with door closed 30 mins.
- Then, crack oven open and leave cake in for 30 more mins.
- Remove and chill overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Line the bottoms of two 9-inch cake pans with parchment paper rounds and grease the sides.
- Beat butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add sour cream and strawberry extract.
- Add egg whites in 2 batches.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the milk and puree in bowl.
- Add half of the flour mix to the batter.
- Add the milk mixture to the batter and combine.
- Add rest of flour mix.
- Add coloring.
- Divide batter between the 2 pans and bake 25-30 mins.
- Cool a few mins, then remove to a rack and cool to room temp.
- Beat cream cheese smooth in a bowl.
- In a mixer, beat heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract to soft peaks.
- Add the cream cheese to the whipped cream and beat to stiff peaks.
- Place whipped frosting in the refrigerator.
- Place one cake layer on platter and top with 1 c. frosting.
- Place cheesecake layer on next and top that with 1 c. frosting. Ley second cake layer on top of cheesecake.
- Frost entire cake and load on the sprinkles! Easiest to place cake over the sink while pressing sprinkles into the sides.
Adapted from the Amazing Life, Love, Sugar