Strawberry Banana Dog Treats
August Update: I just made a raspberry, yogurt and banana combo for Cream Puff! I made it using my Magic Bullet! Then you pour into your silicone molds! Another idea-which is now our most favorite-is the Lickimat!! Have you tried it? My dog goes crazy for it. Smear on some yogurt, banana and even peanut butter if you want. Pop into the freezer for a treat later. Keeps him happy and occupied for 20 minutes!
Here is Cream Puff loving up his lickimat!
My brother wanted a nut free treat for his dogs so I whipped up these amazing strawberry banana treats. So good, the kids may like them, too! LOL Just ask my puppy Cream Puff! Below, you can see a picture of him enjoying one at 3 months old. You may need a nut free option if you have kids in the house with nut allergies. Your pup will never miss the peanut butter in this recipe. I used my adorable heart silicone molds for these but you can have fun and use any silicone molds you have. Amazon has a huge selection you can view here! These are fabulous for the summer because they are frozen and will keep your pup cool! They also pop out very easily in the silicone molds. You may also like Peanut Butter Banana Frozen Yogurt Dog Treats or Snicker Poodle Biscuits!
*Always consult your vet prior to feeding your dog new treats!
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1½ bananas
- Place all in a food process and blend until combined.
- Pour into silicone molds and freeze until solid.
- (Or drop by Tablespoons onto wax paper and freeze if you don't have a mold.)
Dairy Free Version
- 2 pounds strawberries, stems removed
- 3 bananas
- 1 cup water
- Food process strawberries and bananas.
- Slowly add water.
- Will be a thin smoothie texture.
- Pour into silicone molds and freeze.