Normally, I am not a fan of coffee flavored desserts. I even despise coffee ice cream! However, Tiramisu I love. And coffee for drinking? Oh yes, sign me up. Two cups every morning is a must. Are you a coffee drinker?
It is amazing how many different versions of tiramisu appear in restaurants. Sometimes it’s a slice. Sometimes it looks like a trifle. Sometimes it has tons of cream. Sometimes not enough cream. I’d say it can be a finicky dessert to order when out and may not be exactly what you had hoped for each time. But, making it at home will solve this problem!
On a side note, I do recommend trying the tiramisu cheesecake factory slice! It is Amazing!!!
This recipe is basically perfect. A coffee flavor that is not too strong and lots of delicious cream made of course, with mascarpone cheese. I used Schar gluten free lady fingers but you can use regular if you’re not gluten free! Be sure to prepare this a day in advance. The flavors need to marry overnight in the fridge while the lady fingers need to soften.
Don’t you just want to snatch a taste of that tiramisu cream?
- 6 egg yolks
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 1¼ cups mascarpone cheese
- 1¾ cups heavy cream
- 4 cups brewed coffee
- 15 ounces lady fingers
- Block of dark chocolate for garnish
- Combine yolks and sugar in a double boiler.
- Cook over low 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and whip yolks in mixer with whisk for 4 minutes to thicken.
- Add mascarpone and mix.
- In a separate bowl, beat cream to stiff peaks.
- Gently fold cream into yolks and combine. (Sneak a taste-mmmm!)
- Grab a 9x11 pan and dip the ladyfingers in coffee and lay in pan across bottom for first layer.
- Top with ⅓ of cream.
- Repeat for 3 layers until you reach the top.
- Grate chocolate with veggie peeler on to the top and chill covered overnight.
- adapted from All Recipes