Triple Chocolate Guinness Cookies
Let me start by telling you I hate beer. Like HATE. BEER. OF. ALL. KINDS. But this recipe was intriguing and I had to give it a try! The results? ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING! I had made a delicious Guinness cake recently and had some leftover Guinness beer. I found this recipe and gave it a try. Am I ever glad I did! You reduce the beer with brown sugar making almost a syrup packed with yumminess. Added to a very chocolatey cookie dough and loaded with milk and dark chips, I knew this had to be good!
You may also love:
- 11 ounces Guinness
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup soft salted butter
- 1 c. light brown sugar
- ½ c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 c. flour
- 1 c. unsweet. cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1¼ cup dark chocolate chips (I like Ghirardelli)
- 1¼ cup milk chocolate chips
- Bring the Guiness and sugar to a boil and simmer 10-15 mins or until reduced to ⅓ c.
- Let cool a few mins
- Beat butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla, blending well.
- Add the Guiness syrup.
- Add flour, cocoa, soda, salt.
- Fold in chips and chill at least 90 mins.
- Preheat oven 350 and bake large Tablespoons of dough. 8-10 mins.
- (Can also press in a few more chips before baking.)
Adapted from Confessions of a Baking Queen