This Tuscan Butter Salmon in Tomato Spinach Cream Sauce is just amazing! My husband said it was something you would be served in a very fine restaurant! I made this with burnt broccoli and garlic on the side and it made a fabulous meal! I saw this dish over at Delish! You know it will be delicious from their site! Definitely add this one to your dinner rotation!
You can also substitute shrimp for the salmon. I use 1 1/2 pounds jumbo shrimp (peeled and deveined). Prepare shrimp same as the salmon recipe below. Here are some pictures of the shrimp dish.
- 2 T. olive oil
- 3 (6-oz) salmon fillets, patted dry with paper towels
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 T. butter
- small container mushrooms
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1½ c. halved Cherub salad tomatoes
- 2 c. baby spinach
- ¼ c. heavy cream
- ½ c. freshly grated Parmesan
- handful chopped scallions
- ½ c. chicken stock
- Heat oil in large skillet on med-high
- Season salmon generously with salt, pepper, paprika and cook until golden on the first side.
- Flip, season again and cook until golden.
- Remove to a plate.
- Lower heat and add butter. Add garlic.
- Add mushrooms and tomatoes and season with salt/pepper.
- Cook a few mins and add spinach-let start to wilt.
- Add cream, cheese, broth and let simmer.
- Lower heat to low and return salmon. (let cook through)
- If sauce is thickening, add more broth to thin out a bit.
- Add scallions if desired.
Another choice is to make this using scallops-pictured below. To do this, I seared the scallops in a cast iron pan with a drop of olive oil, salt and pepper. I then prepared the sauce above and when done, added the seared scallops to heat through. Serve with pasta mmmmmmm!!!