Outrageous Meatball Parm

If you love meatballs, then you need to make this. Like now! Such an easy dish yet so outrageously packed with flavor. Even my oldest son ate this and that speaks volumes! I melted freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano on top but you can use any shredded cheese you like. I used my rockcrok pot from Pampered Chef to make these because it is safe for the stove top and the broiler. If you don’t have anything that is safe for both, just be sure to switch your meatballs into a broiler safe dish to melt the cheese. Serve with a side of pasta for a perfect dinner.
meatball1 meatballs-sauce meatballs
Hugs & Cookies Meatball Ingredients:

1 1/2 pounds ground beef (85% lean)
1 cup bread crumbs (I used Aleia’s GF brand)
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 eggs
salt to taste
1 Tablespoon milk

Sauce of your choice (approx two 24-oz jars)
Parmigiano-Reggiano or Mozzarella cheese to top it off with!

Mix all of the above ingredients and form your meatballs-not too large. I made 27 meatballs. Pan fry to brown them. Don’t worry about cooking them through-they will finish cooking in the oven. Preheat oven to 375.

Pour some sauce in the bottom of your dish.  Lay meatballs on top of the sauce. Cover with more sauce.  Bake covered for 30 minutes.  (Make sure they are cooked through.  Uncover and dress the top up with lots of cheese! It should be covered with cheese!!! Broil for a few minutes until melted and bubbling.  Serve with pasta and use the extra sauce.meatballsHad to make a second batch….it was THAT good!!!

meatball parm

Print Friendly and PDF

Comments

1. says

I noticed that you have the same recipe posted twice and both have different cooking directions. ONe say’s to bake covered for 30 minutes then add the cheese and broil. Your other recipe says’ to bake 20 minutes covered with the cheese and then 20 minutes uncover and cook. Which recipe should be the one to follow?

2. says

hello , you mix the beef with the milk , eggs , salt and bread crumbs then make them into balls ? do you whisk the eggs ? or just mix it all up together ?

3. MICHELLE says

Hi! This looks delicious…but do you use prepackaged sauce or do you make your own? If your own would you post the recipe and if prepackaged what brand?

Thanks

4. rachel says

Can you make these and freeze them for a later date? If so do you think you would freeze them before or after their browned?

• Misty says

You could do either. With both methods, I would place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment and flash freeze them. Just put the entire pan in the freezer for 30 minutes or so just until they are turning hard. Then, you can put them in a freezer, bag etc. If you cook them first, you’ll end up with a really convenient meatball like you get when you purchase a bag of the frozen ones at the store. If you freeze them before cooking, I would drop them into a pot of marinara that’s simmering on the stove/crockpot all day!

• Angie W says

I’m planning on using frozen meatballs tonight. I’m going to thaw them in the microwave first and then start from adding the sauce to the bottom of the dish. I’m not the best cook in the world and I don’t have the time or, if I’m being honest, the desire lol, to make my own meatballs so I’m going to try it with Butterball Turkey meatballs and see how it works. Wish me luck!

5. Jennifer Valencia says

What kind of pan is that in the in the final picture? It almost looks like that Pampered Chef Rockpot. If so do you like it?

6. says

I just made this tonight and it was delicious. My 19 month old and 5 year old asked for two more servings. I served it on spaghetti squash for myself but spaghetti noodles for the kiddos and hubby. Everyone LOVED it. Thanks for an awesome recipe! :)

Trackbacks

1. […] Anything eaten with your hands is naturally more fun, right?  Well, how about meatballs served in a cone made out of bread!!  Flaky, delicious bread, that is!  For my bread cones, I used Pillsbury Crescent rolls for this.  Each can made about 4 “cones.”  I used ice cream cones as my molds and wrapped each cone in nonstick foil.  Then I used the crescent rolls to cover each cone.  I baked them open side down for about 10-12 minutes and let them cool 5 minutes.  At that point, they easily wiggled free from the foil cones.  Let cool completely and fill with meatballs, sauce and cheese!  Click here for my favorite meatball recipe! […]