Sometimes the shortcut recipes taste the best. That is true in this case!! This recipe comes from my friend and when I asked her for the recipe I begged her to tell me it was from scratch and not a box. I pleaded and I begged because I just knew. I knew it had to start with a box mix and I was right. This cake is outrageous. DO NOT let the box mix scare you away!!!
- 1 Betty Crocker Yellow Cake box mix, prepared according to box directions and also add 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pound salted butter
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- Prepare the cake as package directs and add vanilla.
- Bake it in a 9x13 pan lined with nonstick foil for 15-20 minutes at 350.
- Electric mix butter, flour, sugar and cinnamon to make crumbs.
- Sprinkle all over the cake and return to the oven for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting.