My little man declared these Chocolate Chunk Cookies the Best Cookies Ever so I have been making them regularly. The beauty of these is they are made with chopped up bars of chocolate instead of chips. They melt way better and taste better, too! I like to use Ghirardelli bars in this recipe. You can find them in Target or even on Amazon. Sometimes I choose Amazon to buy them in bulk! You can decide how much chocolate to put into your cookies. It calls for 6 ounces. Sometimes I use 5, sometimes 7-your choice! This recipe is adapted from Blue Bowl Recipes.Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 stick salted butter, softened
- 2 T. sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1¾ cup 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 5-6 ounces semi sweet chocolate, chopped roughly
- sea salt, for topping optional
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat butter.
- Add sugars and beat 3 mins.
- Add vanilla and egg.
- Add baking soda, salt, and flour to form dough.
- Fold in chocolate.
- Scoop balls of dough onto sheets and bake 10 mins.
- Sprinkle with sea salt right out of the oven.