Do you love and adore butterfinger candies? Then, this is the cheesecake for you! It is easy to make, amazingly delish and packed with those yummy butterfinger candies! This recipe can also be made in a 9×13 pan if you prefer to make bars instead of one large cheesecake! If you are looking to make this ahead of time, then you’re in luck. It freezes beautifully so you can get it done prior to your occasion! You may also enjoy my butterfinger bark, butterfinger apple blondies and butterfinger cookies!
You may need:
- 1 ¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 T. butter
- 5 T. sugar
- 24 ounces soft cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 T. flour
- 1 c. sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 package of Butterfingers mini bars smashed
- 1 package of Butterfingers mini bars cut in half for decoration
- ½ c. heavy cream
- 6 ounces semi sweet chocolate bars these melt smoother than chips
Frosting for garnish
- 1 cup butter soft
- ½ c plus 2T. creamy peanut butter
- 4 c. powdered sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Mix crust ingredients and press into sides and bottom of 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake 10 mins and let cool.
- Lower temp to 300.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar on low to combine.
- Add flour.
- Add sour cream.
- Add one egg at a time and vanilla.
- Fold in smashed candies.
- Pour into crust.
- Drop pan gently on counter to release air bubbles.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Shut oven but leave cake in the oven with door closed for 30 more mins.
- Remove, cool and chill.
- Microwave cream until almost at a boil in a micro safe bowl.
- Remove and add the chocolate in broken pieces.
- Cover with a paper towel 2 mins.
- Whisk smooth and pour onto cold cheesecake.
- Return to fridge until set.
- Beat butter and peanut butter until creamy.
- Add sugar and blend well.
- Add milk slowly until smooth.
- You will not need all of this-save the extras for cupcakes or brownies!
- Pipe frosting on the cold ganache and top with halved butterfingers candies.
Cheesecake adapted from Life, Love & Sugar