Move over yummy cauliflower pizza crust, there’s a new veggie in town. This crust was equally as fabulous but maybe even better. Shhhhh, don’t tell cauliflower I said that! This crust has a bit of flour in it giving some more body to the crust. I used Cup4Cup gluten free flour but you can use regular. I topped this pizza with barbecue sauce, left over slow cooker chicken, cheeese and fresh figs. It was absolutely phenomenal. Have you tried fresh figs? I feel like they have a bad rep but they are so delicious. Hope you try out this zucchini pizza crust soon!
Cheesy Zucchini Pizza Crust
- 8 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ⅔ cup flour I used Cup4Cup gluten free
- 2 eggs beaten
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 550 with a pizza stone pre baking in it.
- In a bowl, combine zucchini with 1 tsp. salt and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Squeeze the excess moisture out of the zucchini with lots of paper towels.
- Discard water.
- Once dry, put zucchini in dry bowl with cheese, flour, eggs, and 1 tsp. salt.
- Mix well and lay zucchini mix onto a piece of parchment paper at least 15” in diameter, set on something solid that will make it easy to transfer into the oven.
- Use your fingers to form a pizza crust, about 14” in diameter, 1/2" thick.
- Pinch the edge to form a crust.
- Transfer the crust on the parchment paper onto the heated pizza stone in the oven.
- At this point I got nervous of the parchment going on fire, so I lowered the oven to 475.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and add your toppings.
- I added bbq sauce, left over chicken, cheese and fresh figs, chopped.
- Return the oven for a just a few mins to melt the cheese.
- Adapted from My Humble Kitchen