Have some fresh cherries? This is a must make summer time dessert! I just grabbed some cherries at Stew Leonards which were outrageous so I know I had to make this slam dunk dessert! The most time consuming part is pitting the cherries so I suggest a tool. I used the oxo tool which was pretty cool! Once you’ve taken care of the cherries, the rest is a no brainer. You literally whisk everything together, pour it over the cherries and bake. That’s it! Talk about an easy way to serve up a very impressive dessert at your next pool party, brunch or bbq!!! This Cherry Clafoutis will definitely be a show stopper!
You may need:
- 2 cups of fresh sweet cherries pitted
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of light brown sugar
- ½ cup flour
- ⅛ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Lay cherries in bottom of greased 9 inch pan.
- Preheat oven 350
- Whisk eggs, sugars, flour, salt, milk, vanilla.
- Once smooth pour over the cherries and bake approx 50 mins.
- Let cool and add powdered sugar!
- Dig in!
Adapted from Simply Recipes