This is a dessert that is easily “thrown together” yet looks like you baked all day. Just remember it does need 4 hours to chill before serving.
Chocolate Cream Pie Ingredients
- 1 ready made graham cracker crust
- 8 ounces soft cream cheese
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1½ cups dark chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 8 ounce container of Cool Whip
- Prebake pie shell according to package directions.
- Melt chocolate and cream in the microwave gently until smooth. Transfer ¼ cup to a pastry bag or plastic bag to pipe on the top of the pie later.
- In mixer, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar. Add chocolate ganache and beat gently until combined.
- On low, beat in Cool Whip.
- Pour filling into crust.
- Drizzle the reserved ganache on top and chill 4 hours. Top with whipped cream and chocolate curls and serve!
Recipe adapted from Chocolate, Chocolate and more
Chocolate curls from ABC Cake & Decorating