This is a fabulous dessert that basically does all of the work without you…thanks to your crockpot! Just dump it all in (hence why it is sometimes called a dump cake) and in 3 hours you have a decadent dessert screaming for some ice cream! This recipe comes from my bestie Lori! She likes to use 2 whole bags of chips. I think I prefer one but go by your own preference. More chips=more ooey gooey and less chips=more cake-like! You can also play with the type of chips you use and create a combo! You really cannot go wrong with this Crockpot Chocolate Lava Cake. I even added some peanut butter chips…swooooon!
- 1 box Devil Food's Cake Mix-prepared according to package directions
- 1 box chocolate pudding, prepared according to package directions
- 1-2 bags of chocolate chips (You can use milk, dark or a combo-I even used some peanut butter chips!)
- Pour the prepared cake batter into the crockpot.
- Pour the prepared pudding on top of the batter.
- Use a knife and swirl the two together.
- Scatter your chips on top!
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve with ice cream and/or hot fudge, whipped cream