This bread is sooooo easy and soooo yummy! Piping hot bread made from scratch is definitely irresistible! Just ask my family! Serve this up with some high quality butter at room temp. A perfect side dish with pasta or salad! I know homemade bread sounds difficult but this is definitely the Easiest Italian Bread! You will amaze yourself so give it a try!
You May Need:
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add the sugar, salt and 3 cups flour.
- Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the rest of the flour.
- A soft dough will form.
- On a floured counter, knead until smooth about 8-10 mins.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down.
- Turn onto a floured surface; divide in half.
- Shape each half into a loaf.
- Place each seam side down on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- With a knife, make four slashes across top of each loaf.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool on a rack.
Adapted from Taste of Homeasiest
Leave a Reply