General Tso’s Chicken
General Tso's Chicken
- 1½ lbs chicken breast, cubed
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 few Tablespoons of canola oil
- 1 T.olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ¾ c. chicken broth
- 2 T. hoisin sauce
- 2 T. brown sugar
- ¼c. Tamari sauce
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 1T. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ c. water
- Heat oil in a layer in a skillet on medium-high.
- Toss cubes of chicken in cornstarch and pan fry until brown.
- Set aside.
- Add olive oil to pan and garlic until fragrant.
- Mix broth, hoisin, sugar, tamari an cornstarch.
- Pour in the mixture until comes to a bubble.
- Add chicken and toss to coat!
- Serve over rice or with broccolini
- Trim edges of broccolini and remove leaves.
- Heat oil and cook garlic with broccolini 3-5 minutes.
- Add water and cover 2 mins.
- Add salt.
Chicken adapted from Dinner at the Zoo