There is really nothing quite like homemade pasta. While not at all difficult, I would say it is just time consuming and little mess….at least for m. (Visualize flour everywhere…yup!) You may also love our favorite A La Vodka Sauce!
You may want:
Kitchenaid Pasta Cutter
- 4 c. flour
- 6 eggs
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. olive oil
- warm water
- You can prepare this in a food processor or kitchen aid mixer with a dough hook.
- Mix flour, salt, oil.
- Add one egg at a time and process/mix.
- S-l-o-w-l-y add warm water just until the dough form together. You do not want to make it too wet. If you do, add more flour. Form into a ball and knead 5-10 mins. Let rest 1 hour covered. (I admit I often skip the rest and it is still fabulous!)
- Take pieces and push through kitchen aid roller, adding flour to dough as needed.
- Let sheets of rolled dough rest and dry a bit before cutting on the cutter. You could also hand cut!
- Cook in boiled water until your desired pasta softness is reached!
- Serve with butter or sauce!
- Can freeze, too!
Recipe adapted from Lidia Bastianich